The use of Moroccan chermoula in this recipe balances the natural sweetness of the sweet potatoes and I think it's a dish you have to try.
Serves 3 to 4
Prep: 5 min - Cooking: 25 min
1st set of ingredients
- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbps of olive oil
- 1 heaped tbsp of chopped coriander and parsley
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin
- A pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Coriander (optional, I used cress for a green touch)
- Green olives (optional)
Peel and dice the sweet potatoes into small cubes. Chop the onions.
Place an adequate cooking pot over medium heat. Sauté the onions first in oil for a couple of minutes. Add the garlic all the diced sweet potatoes and cover to 2/3 with water. Let simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
Uncover the pot and add all the spices and herbs. Let simmer and reduce for another 15 minutes. Stir a couple of times and check if the pot needs water.
Finish with the garnishing ingredients and stir delicately.
Serve warm or at least at room temperature, never cold from the fridge.