Among the spread of dips, there was this spiced curry dip which didn't last for long. It was such a daring mix of flavours but they all came out together in a shocking way! Have you ever thought about mixing a curry paste with oranges? Well! I tried! I think it's just the perfect new recipe for this summer. I even served it with a hot and spicy biryani instead of the usual Raita.
My friend reckons she's got this recipe from " SAUCES" by Christine France.
Makes about 400 gr (I would say)
Prep 10 min- cooking: 10 min
- 1 onion, medium size
- 3 carrots, medium size
- Grated zest and juice from 2 oranges
- 1 tbsp of hot curry paste
- A small handful fresh basil leaves
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt (Sour cream instead of yogurt will give you a creamier dip)
- 1 -2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice( to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste, but I would say 1 tbsp at least)
- Salt and ground black pepper
Finely chop the onion. Peel and grate the carrots.
Place the onions, carrots, orange zest, juice and curry paste in a small saucepan, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Put the mixture in a blender and blend until smooth. Leave to cool.
Stir in the yogurt, lemon juice, Tabasco, finely cut basil and seasoning.
Serve within a few hours.