Friday, 1 June 2012

What I should have posted!

Hallo and Guten tag from Germany!

I don't know where to start. I have many recipes awaiting to be posted, pictures to be shared, ideas. I just don't know where to start..

But perhaps I should give you an idea about how my preserved lemons turned out (please see my post on how to make preserved lemons for more details).


I wanted to talk to you about the 2 different types of coriander/cilantro we have back home. If you ask me, I prefer the one with flat leaves although the other one has better stalks for slow cooking.


I was also going to talk about the fresh garlic that I found in Fes and which I enjoyed because they're milder..


Then It was also artichokes season. And for that matter, I must tell you that in Morocco, people don't know what canned artichokes mean..Actually, I still can't get yused to it either because I can't find the taste of this wonderful vegetable anymore, once canned.

On the other hand, I noticed the massive difference in prices: artichokes are so cheap in Morocco and very expensive in many other countries.



I was going to make a tutorial on how to clean and freeze the artichoke for future use..


And in the serie of appetizers, I was going to post Vegetarian Indian-Inspired rolls, the recipe of the filling is very similar to this one here (in French).

Inspired from potatoes and peas samosas, these Potatoe rolls are lighter especially baked.

But here I am in Germany, thinking about other things to talk about..I'm also thinking about furnishing the flat. This question wasn't a problem in the Middle-East because for every move, we would get a fully furnished accommodation, the rest is up to us really...But in Germany, you will end up thinking about the light bulbs as well because they may not be part of the rent..

Not that I'm complaining, far from it. As long as my kitchen is functional and that we just received matresses to sleep on, I'm happy!

To celebrate the matresses (the S is important, I'll come to that in my next post), I made these tarts and these cupcakes...

Frangipane-fruit mini-tartelettes, sweet little bites
Frangipane-fruit tartelettes


Moist German chocolate and cuconut cupcakes

These treats were shared by my husband's colleagues. I should have kept one cupcake for me but I was so tired to think..

So I hope we meet again through my next post which will be about the "Mind the gap" expression and of course a recipe....



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! So please do not hesitate to write a few words..

Print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...