Friday, 6 April 2012

Baked spiced potato wedges



I don’t know a person who does not like spiced potato wedges, but I know many who do not want to feel guilty eating them. So the baked option comes as a solution.

Oven-roasted spiced potato wedges

Here is a recipe of oven-roasted potato wedges recipe which could be 80% made ahead. Please feel free to adjust the marinade to your taste, choose your favourite potatoes as well, I know the texture is important but I also know that the names of potatoes depends on the regions where they’re cultivated, so the names change from one country to another, this is why I’m not mentioning any…

Spiced potato wedges served with homemade burgers but made with a less spiced marinade.

Ingredients
For 1 kg of potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cooking time: 20 + 3 min
  • About 1 kg of potatoes, scrubbed and rinsed
Marinade
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • About 3 cloves of garlic, crushed or 1 tbsp of garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp of dried thyme, crushed within your palms
  • 1 tbsp of dried oregano, crushed within your palms
  • 1 tbsp of sweet paprika
  • 1 tbsp of smoked paprika (my favourite ingredient)
  • 1 tbsp of cayenne, or hot chilli powder (optional)
  • 1 tbsp of freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tbsp of salt
The smoked paprika I'm using

Preparation

Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Then cut each half, lengthwise, into 4 equally sized wedges.

Boil the potatoes until cooked through and just before they get mushy. I prefer this way because it gives me crunchy ends when I bake the potatoes. Set aside to drain completely, about 20 min to 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 240 degrees C or almost the maximum you have.

In a bowl, mix all the ingredients listed in the marinade, you might replace the oil with a fragrant oil (garlic and herbs, chilli).

Add the potato wedges and toss them gently with your fingers.

Line aluminium foil on a baking sheet and place the potato wedges, skin side down and spaced. Bake for 30 minutes, or until well browned, crusty edged, and tender. Serve immediately.


Note 

The wedges can be coated and placed on the baking dish earlier. Pop them into the oven when you are preparing your meal.

Baked potato wedges, straight from the oven



4 comments:

  1. Omg, feel like munching some,super tempting wedges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao NADA ,bello il tuo blog mi sono unita hai tuoi lettori fissi passa ha trovarmi se ti va io sono ISABELLA ti aspetto smack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Priya! Good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Isabella! Thank you for your sweet words and you are very welcome.
    Sorry for my poor Italian, I can understand a bit of it but I'm not able to write back in Italian...

    I like your blog as well...looks like a mine of wonderful recipes...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! So please do not hesitate to write a few words..

Print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...