Friday, 23 March 2012

Pistachio Meltaway shortbread- sablés à la poudre de pistache


This is a « declinaison » of vanilla Kipferl posted here. It just happened that I had some pistachio powder from this batch and I wanted to finish the jar…


So here we are with a melt-in-the-month pistachio shortbread. You can replace pistachio by almond or hazelnut, and why not a “praline” made of 50% hazelnut and 50% almond.

Ingredients
About 20 biscuits
Prep: 15 min – Resting time: 1 hour min- baking time: 15 min
  • 140g flour
  • 60 g ground pistachios (or pistachio paste, crumbled)
  • 120 g of soft butter
  • 35 g of sugar
  • 1 vanilla paste (or vanilla pod)
  • A good pinch of salt
To finish
  • About 60g icing sugar

Preparation

Preheat oven to 170 ° C.
 
Work the sugar with the butter. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix together with a wooden spoon or your fingers until you have a homogeneous mixture. Form a ball. Cut the dough into 4 parts.
 

On a floured work surface, shape 2 long sausages of 2 cm thick. Place in the fridge or freezer for about 1 hour.

Cut into circles of 5 to 8 mm thick. Place them on a baking sheet, covered with parchment paper.

Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden from the corners.

Let the cookies cool slightly and then sprinkle a generous shot of icing sugar.

This type of sablé/shortbread is best eaten within the first 72h after baking.



2 comments:

  1. These look mouth-meltingly delish Nada - I just love the colour from the pistachio too! I'm in a big cookie mood these days - we keep running out in the house :D. I'm planning to do some baking tomorrow - I don't have any pistachio or paste alas, but I might make a type of shortbread - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charles, I noticed that you keep running out of cookies..I heard that once LOL!

    If you haven't got pistachios, it'll be still ok with almond powder or hazelnut. I just both hazelnut and roasted them, tomorrow I should turn them to powder so I use them in my cookies...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! So please do not hesitate to write a few words..

Print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...