Tuesday, 27 March 2012

My Danette-inspired dessert

Children seem to love Danette because I guess it’s sweet, smooth, and creamy. I also did, but then I stopped buying it, because I’m making my own, by reducing the sugar or using sweeteners. I also substitute a bit of the milk with coffee. I add vanilla or chili powder.
 


But today, let’s stick to the original recipe of my danette-like dessert. I’m giving you approximate weight fo the cornflour and cocoa powder because this entirely depends on how you like it.

This chocolate dessert is so easy to make, the results are even better than the store-bought options..

Ingredients
4 small ramekins
Prep: 5 min - cooking: about 12 min
  •  500 ml milk
  •  40 to 50 g cornflour (such as Maizena),
  •  50g caster sugar
  •  30 to 50g of good cocoa powder (I used NESTLÉ Toll house)
Topping (optional)
  • Crushed roasted hazelnuts
  • Icing sugar

 
Preparation
 
Mix all powders with 1/3 cold milk.
 

Pour all ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer on medium-low heat, stirring until the cream thickens. Pour into ramekins and let cool.
Keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Maybe more, I never checked.

If you are like me, found of chocolate mousse but trying to avoid it because of the raw eggs, maybe this dessert might seduce you! Even as a grown-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! So please do not hesitate to write a few words..

Print

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...