Friday, 26 February 2010
My carrot bars without frosting..
- 3/4 Cup finely chopped English walnuts or pecans
- 2 Cups Finely shredded carrots
- 1 Cup crushed pineapple or grated apple
- 1/2 Cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 Cup raisins (previously soaked in water for 30 min and drained) or dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 Cup mix Vegetable oil/melted butter
- 1 1/2 Cup caster sugar
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 3 Eggs (medium size)
- 3 Cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2tbsp of sugar
- ½ cup of water
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except flour, baking powder and baking soda that you will sift and put on the side.
Gradually add flour mixture a third at a time until blended through without really overworking it.
Pour the batter into a greased and floured Swiss rolling pan or any pan 9″x13″ pan and bake at 160 for about 40-50 min. Test with toothpick to check if it is cooked from the inside.
Let it cool down on a cookie grill for 10 min, pour syrup gently over the cake and let it cool down before cutting.
Sprinkle with chopped pecans or walnut on the top
I crumbled the sides then put the ice cream. but you may as well add it on the top of the carrot bar.